Tuesday, September 4, 2012

IMPORTANT

Dear Parents,
Our email is down at this time so if you need to contact me please call the  school  office at 352-1243. Today I explained a positive behavior program to the children that I will be using this year.  The children will have the opportunity to earn a stick if they follow the classroom procedures that day.  (You received a copy of the classroom procedures in the Friday Folder sent home last Friday.)  Each child has an envelope with their name on it displayed in the religion center.  At the end of the week if they have five sticks in their envelope they will get to choose a small gift from a prize basket. I conference with each child as I hand out Friday folders to discuss how their week went and at this time they will get their prize. Beginning this Friday, weekly progress reports will be in Friday folders and I will note on the report how many sticks your child earned to help you  a facilitate discussion with your child. No child will ever lose a stick! They can only EARN sticks.  I believe in postivie reinforcement. The children were so excited when I explained this program to them. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Mrs. Catton