Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Second Quarter Goals

Today we set goals for the second quarter. I was so impressed with how the children  took their time to really reflect when were they were thinking about what they needed to work on in the second quarter. I also noticed that many of the children obviously spoke with their parents after fall conferences to discuss their progress reports and believe me they listened to you and remembered what you said they needed to improve. After we wrote our goals on a chart (model writing from me) together we wrote a note to Mrs. Parsons asking her to read over our goals and respond. I will be sure to let you know what she has to say about our goals. Mrs. Frick and I wrote goals as well. Ask your child what their goal for the second quarter is.  First in Math is something that the children should be getting on as nightly homework as well as all of the things listed in my previous post. Today Mrs. Parsons asked everyone who was on First In Math to stand during announcements. If you have more than one child who needs to get on First in Math ( some of the children have told me that they can't get on because their siblings were on) I suggest that you make up some type of schedule for use of the computer. I had a family share at conferences that they made up a schedule together and it alleviated the conflict.