Monday, September 19, 2011

Faith Filled Friday

On Friday as our service to others we snuck into Miss Hill's room while they were at recess and cleaned their chairs and tables. We thought we were being so sneaky until Mrs. Parsons caught us in the act. She loved that we were using our kind actions to help out others. I would like to do something a little different for our next service to others.  I would like the children to little things around the house to earn some change to help our parish community buy new hymnals. Each hymnal is $20.00 and my goal is to have the children earn that so we can present it to Father Paul and Father Chris to use to buy one hymnal and who knows maybe more. I want the children to make the connection of "service" so allow them to do something to help you out and give them some change with the knowlege that they will bring it into school and when we earn enough as a class we will give it to the parish. There will be an insert at the front that will say "Purchased by Mrs. Catton's Kindergarten Class". Won't they be proud that they could do that for their parish family. Please do not just give them money because I will be asking them what they did to "earn" their money. I will start collecting funds on Wednesday as I am going to be explaining this to the children tomorrow. Thank you to all who donated items for our learning centers. I really appreciate it very much! Also, please help your child choose an apple to bring in by Wednesday. It will need to be in a baggie with their name on it. I am looking for a donation of a digital camera if you have an extra laying around that is not of use to you any more. Mine has disappeared to Xavier University with my daughter :) and everyday your children are doing wonderful things that I would love to document in pictures.
I feel so blessed to be with your children during the week. They are wonderful.
Respectfully,
Mrs. Catton