Friday, November 2, 2012

Chores for Change

This weekend would be a great time to give your child the opportunity to do some chores around the house to earn some change. I would love to hear every child in the classroom tell me what they did to earn their change on Monday. One student cleaned his room and he told us that it really made his Mom happy. We will only be doing this activity for this charity until November 16th. Today four children gave up their ice cream money for charity. It was so great when one of the kids told me he really loved ice cream but he wanted to share. Now that is making a connection. I told him I gave up my Diet Coke and that was a sacrifice for me too. :) This is not just a one time thing. Your child can bring in change everyday if you are inclined to give them some chores.