Monday, March 12, 2012

Weather

This week we are learning about weather.  Our shared reading is the book What's the Weather Like Today.I love doing a   unit on weather during the month of March because we will experience all types of weather this month. Today I did a Circle Map with the children to check their prior knowledge of weather and where they have learned about weather. I was very pleased with how well they did answering my questions. Today we made a tornado in science. Please ask your child to tell you about it! Our guest readers last Friday were Joe Fought and Emily Shea and today Aiden O'Brien read. I would love to have everyone in the class be a guest reader by the end of the school year. Practice a book at home and have them bring it in and I will read with them. When I feel they are ready to read in front of the class they will be a guest reader. PLEASE send in a snack for your child daily.
Mrs. Catton