Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Kindergarten Writing

Dear Parents,
    Yesterday we were working on the letter Qq in literacy centers. We will be doing a lot more writing in the fourth quarter so I wanted to do a preassessment to see where the children were in regards to their writing. I gave each child a piece of paper and asked them to write me a question. I model write for the children and they write everyday so I was anxious to see how they would do. I was blown away by how well they did!  I hope that you are seeing your children write at home and I encourage you to encourage them to write. Today we are making another chart about the things we would like to write about in the fourth quarter. We are very hit and miss about brainbreak so I will not send them home until the last day before spring break They will NOT need to be returned after spring break.
Respectfully,
Mrs. Catton